Senior backend developer
We strive to bring in assignments with an analytical challenge, a touch of IoT and a hint of big data and visualization tools.
- You are able to take responsibility for the backend of the project and are able to select the right technologies and tools to build the solution.
- You are able to integrate our frameworks into a working solution for the client.
- You help shape the architecture of our backend framework in order to continually improve our project setup procedures.
- You will be capable of helping our solution architects and product owners to come up with creative solutions that fit the needs of the project or product.
- You are a team player and able to communicate clearly with other members of the project team, meaning participating in backlog refinement sessions, planning poker sessions and discussions with members of the frontend team to negotiate the API contract between back- and frontend.
- You are responsible for the quality of your code and are able to improve on existing code through refactoring. You are adept at test driven development and are able to write clear unit tests and integration tests.
- You are able to work in an agile environment and will review the work of your peers in order to provide them with constructive feedback.
- Experience with Java/Spring through a previous work experience
- Knowledge of reactive programming and frameworks is a plus
- You have experience in developing web and database-driven applications involving third-party APIs
- You are accustomed to REST APIs but are not necessarily used to designing them
- You have a good understanding of MVC and other design patterns
- You know about any of the following relational databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL
- You have a basic understanding of how the internet works (DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- You got introduced to UML (ERD, Sequence Diagram, Flowchart)
- You are familiar with Agile and test driven development
Who you are:
- You are a fast learner who picks things up on the go
- You can best be described as analytical and well organized
- You have a passion for clean code (SOLID, DRY)
- You can work independently and handle responsibility well
- You hold a bachelor or master degree in computer science, multimedia technology
- You are eager to learn about facilitating workshops, user research, usability testing
- You are fluent in English and preferably also in Dutch
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of IoT for an entrepreneurial mind
- The chance to work in a fast moving and innovative scale-up, with a variety of projects and assignments
- Room for your entrepreneurial input, the more the better
- A fixed contract with numerous fringe benefits (insurance package, luncheon vouchers, training & seminar budget)
- A highly entertaining and fun environment with frequent knowledge sharing sessions and team building days, nights and weekends
- An individual development plan in close collaboration with team leads and HR
- A modern and spacious office in the center of Antwerp: easily accessible by public transport and car (parking space will be taken care of)
- A passionate bunch of ping pong players
- A company culture that values openness, trust and creativity