You will support the development of new Rombit products building upon this Romcore platform. Whenever needed, you interact with clients in case of customization tracks and you feel comfortable when making cost estimates. You also participate in technical pre-sales activities, and are capable to present complicated architectural solutions in an understandable fashion to various stakeholders.
- You're passionate about large-scale distributed systems.
- You have 5+ years experience with building Java and/or Scala backend solutions.
- You have fundamental understanding of Java concurrency, reactive programming and actor models.
- You have hands-on experience with at least one of the following frameworks: Akka, Lagom or Spring.
- You are familiar with building, testing and operating microservices.
- You understand the concepts behind Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing and CQRS.
- You know about Spark or other data processing solutions.
- You know how to use Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes (or other container management solutions).
- You have hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL storage solutions (Cassandra, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL)
- You know about scalable monitoring and logging solutions, such as Prometheus and ELK
- Experience or familiarity with technologies such as Spring, OpenStack, Vault, Consul, Etcd, Calico, Flannel, OvS, Nginx, HAProxy, Kong and Hydra is a plus.
- You have a can-do attitude
- You are a fast learner who picks things up on the go
- You can best be described as analytical and well organized
- You have a passion for clean code (SOLID, DRY)
- You can work independently and handle responsibility well
- You hold a bachelor or master degree in computer science
- You are eager to learn about facilitating workshops, user research, usability testing
- You are fluent in English and preferably also Dutch
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of IoT for an entrepreneurial mind
- The chance to work in a fast moving and innovative scale-up, with a variety of projects and assignments
- Room for your entrepreneurial input, the more the better
- A fixed contract with numerous fringe benefits (insurance package, luncheon vouchers, training & seminar budget)
- A highly entertaining and fun environment with frequent knowledge sharing sessions and team building days, nights and weekends
- An individual development plan in close collaboration with team leads and HR
- A modern and spacious office in the center of Antwerp: easily accessible by public transport and car (parking space will be taken care of)
- A passionate bunch of ping pong players
- A company culture that values openness, trust and creativity