Rombit is on the hunt for an experienced Data Engineer to join the team. Rombit connects equipment, infrastructure and personnel to optimize our customer's productivity, safety and cost efficiency.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the setup of datapipelines that extract data from different sources and aggregate the data in a data lake or data warehouse. You are also responsible for developing dashboards and reports using the available data to provide relevant and actionable insights to our clients. You will be thoroughly involved in the creation, maintenance, testing and evaluation of data lakes and data dashboards. Your focus will be on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large customer datasets and turning raw data into valuable insights using a variety toolsets, techniques and technologies.
As a Data Engineer you:
- Design new or improve existing data architectures to match the needs of the customer.
- Analyze and understand existing data sources, verifying quality and integrity, and improving the overall quality where possible
- Analyze datasets to identify business improvements and optimizations. You assess any opportunities to improve the effectiveness of possible data models by creating early proof of concepts
- Integrate existing data sources into data dashboards and/or applications while collaborating with data scientists and/or analysts.
- Implement data pipelines and data models, transforming raw data into usable, actionable data. You will monitor outcomes and adjust to optimize the results
- maintain a strategic overview of the business requirements of the customer and are able to align your solution with these needs.
- You have extensive experience with Python, Java or Scala programming languages.
- You have hands-on experience with both SQL and NoSQL storage solutions (Cassandra, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL)
- You have a good knowledge of data streaming, data cleaning and data analysis
- You are experienced with streaming and data processing technologies such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, ...
- You are familiar with building and deploying robust and performant data pipelines using python, java or node.js.
- Experience with Azure Cloud Services and Microsoft SSIS
You have a can-do attitude, and can best be described as analytical and well organized
You can work independently and handle responsibility well
You are fluent in English and preferably also Dutch
As a person, you embrace Rombit’s values:
- BE CURIOUS: By challenging the status quo & embracing the unknown, we allow ourselves to discover new perspectives
- BE BRAVE: By simply having the balls, we will fix anything
- BE ONE: By being a close-knit team, we create more valuable solutions for our customers
- Highly inspiring, challenging and fun work environment with numerous advantages (company car, insurances, bike leasing,...) and with frequent team building days (and nights)
- Modern and spacious office in the center of Antwerp: easily accessible by public transport and car (parking space will be taken care of)
- A scale-up environment with lots of room for one’s input (the more, the better). Work hard, play hard.
- Our culture is defined by openness, autonomy, trust and creativity.